Sunday, August 23, 2009

Dont mind me, im just bloggin

Let me be the first to welcome you to the greatest blog you will ever visit. Im not even going to pretend like I will update it on the reg like a true allstar, but I will try to keep you posted on the latest adventures.

My flight came into SFO uneventfully and much to my surprise, my bags showed up as well! Nice to get things off on the right foot. Sabo and one of my new roomates, Mithil, had made the drive over the bay to come get me so I wouldn't have to ride the BART in on my first trip. While I waited to get picked up, the guy beside me tossed on some mascara and blush to freshen up. Welcome to san francisco? We made our way back to the house and it was a lot nicer than expected. It sits way above the city so the view is killer, I will have to take some better pictures when I get a good camera out here. Here are the cliff notes:


Front:



















Sabo scoping the view off the back deck:



Home sweet home:


Overall, everything is swell. Sean and Mithil seem like real cool guys and Sabo is still Sabo, so Im sure we will have a great time out here.

Positives thus far:
1) House is great
2) Room mates arent serial killers
3) Weather is perfect (never rains, 65 degrees and sunny every day are you kidding me)
4) Oakland athletics $1 entry and $1 hot dogs on Wednesdays

Cons thus far:
1) Forgot to pack socks
2) Forgot all nice clothing except two collared shirts
3) Had a real small taste of california traffic, if I get a car out here chance of fender bender is near 99%

Gonna try to get more settled in this week and snag a bed/dresser/desk. My monitors get in on Tuesday so I suppose thats when work starts... Not too shabbyyyyyyyyy

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you started a blog, Nick! I love your writing style, and chuckled at your wittiness already. I will look forward to any updates you post.

    Two things though: (1) Don't you think being on the other side of the country, away from your darling sister and niece and nephew should be listed as a con? (2) Please change your profile picture. I expect lots of comments from you now that you are so far away, and I don't want you to scare off my other readers/commenters.

    Love you buddy and miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is awesome, and I love the view, but there's no doubt about it I sure miss you! Love you, grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy...all three kids now have a blog! I do agree with Tara though, another con is DEFINATELY that your cool Mom & Dad are on the east coast and therefore aren't nearby to provide home cooked meals, laundry service and late night movies! I do want to jump on a plane and help you out with that room, but love the view for sure. Please post again when you get things all furnished and fixed up...I know that is top on your list right???? Love you, MISS YOU, and thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. once you guys get some patio furniture i'll hop on a plane and come visit. but i agree with your mom that top priority is furnishing your room. <3 the blog.

    ReplyDelete