Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Its coming together!

Feel like its been a blur since I got here, even though without a car or computer I pretty much twiddled my thumbs all day. Bed and monitors got in so I can sleep well and FINALLY start to work during the day... plus my room isnt nearly as horrible looking anymore


Turns out that 130 thread count, $7 walmart sheets actually do feel like sandpaper so I will have to do something about that in the future. Motivational NIKE "Just Do It." banner isnt hung yet either but it is still motivating me from the floor so dont worry (Remember that thing Kyle?). The view out here is so incredible and Im not used to it yet so every time I walk by the deck I get sucked into gazing for like 30 minutes. Spotted this little guy in our backyard earlier today, who knew that Oakland had wildlife?



Finally got my computer online so I can play cards, Sabo+Sean+Mithil have been mad productive since I have been out here so it made me want to work. Sabo is the only one who has started so Im not sure how intense Sean and Mithil's jobs will be, but eric is gone when I wake up, gets home at 5, does something active, grabs some dinner, and then works planning his next day until after I go to sleep. Dude is a math teaching beast, and I hope he doesn't burn himself out. If all three of the roomies are like that, I will probably have the most productive year ever? Or maybe I will just degrade into a sniveling bum and they will learn to hate me as they return from the trenches of oakland every day to find me sitting on the couch in my underwear.

ANYWAY, I got my monitors hooked up and played my first session of cards this morning as a CALIFORNIA POKER PROFESSIONAL with good result. Maybe the new setup is lucky?

Still cant get over how awesome the weather is, yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. love and miss you all!

5 comments:

  1. May I be the first to comment that your room has improved by almost 100% just having a bed and computer table! Meant to warn you about thread counts...European cotton is awesome and soft (350 count minimum), or t-shirt/jersey sheets are stretchy, soft and nice as long as they aren't super cheap ones.Love the picture of the deer and glad you are doing well bud, but sure do miss you here with the fam. You would've been proud of the Nats...official Puggles now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mom, a definite improvement! The room actually looks ORGANIZED!!!! I'm so impressed.

    Glad that you are getting all set up and having some success as a CA Poker Player. Love ymou and miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not know why my comments never get posted. I try, believe me. I just need you her to show me how to do this. I love you and miss you.

    Love,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, my comment did get posted. Let me see if I can do it again. Still love you and miss you.

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicky love the new blog... of course you would name it "the oakland hustle". I'm very proud of you for getting a desk and bed. Can't wait to come visit, I'm so jealous about the weather and your view. Please post again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete