Tuesday, September 15, 2009

CALIFORNIA IS FUN

Well its 2:36 AM so I failed the curfew challenge tonight, but I have done really well the other nights. Not tired tonight for some reason, so ill be productive and BLOG. I also remembered my phone has a camera so I will be much better at getting you guys fun pictures and life updates from now on

I went to a giants game last week with Mithil, Sean, and Shannon and had a wonderful time. Shannon's law firm has season tickets so she got us in for free, YES. They were playing the LA Dodgers, so we had a nice in state rivalry vibe going on. We chanted BEAT LA BEAT LAAAAAAAAAAAAA the entire game until the dodgers crushed us 9-1, yikes. The giants park is known for serving garlic fries, which look like this

Mithil and I pounded some and they were delicious, though it may have been the most garlic I have ever eaten in my entire life. Imagine 40,000 people packed in close quarters who ARE ALL EATING GARLIC. Pretty nice not worrying about your breath stinking since everyone else's does too. SHIP IT

Weather got chilly over in SF so the game was a little cold at times. I awkwardly let my legs touch sean's girfriends on my left and a 90 year old man's on my right for some extra warmth... you do what you gotta do

Sabo's friend Dan from home is visiting so we have been all over the place. Dan knows a guy from college who goes to school in San Francisco now and is living without a home. On purpose. He is awesome and sleeps in public parks at night, keeps his stuff for school in a gym locker, and showers and stuff at the gym. He moved out here 4 months ago with a hammock and slept in parks a few nights to save money while he looked for a place, decided he liked it, and has done it for four months in a row. He bikes everywhere and is a baller. hes planning on doing it until it really interferes with his studies, and I was just cracking up at how crazy/awesome it is

We met him and a couple other guys to eat dinner at IKES PLACE one night this weekend, a sandwich shop that has been featured on man vs food (youll have to try to find the episode mom and dad, I know you got all 900 Tivoed). They have sandwiches like the DOOMSDAY ( pictured below) which consist of: Roast Beef, Corned Beef, Pastrami, Salami, Turkey, Bacon, Ham, Mozzarella Sticks, Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers, and Avocado.
Its this hole in the wall and there is no seats so like 6 of us just sat outside on the sidewalk in the drizzling rain and feasted. I got the ELI MANNING and I dont even remember what was on it, but it was delicious. It was a cool experience and I love all the little local restaurants that are one every corner out here.

Played some golf on a 9 hole par 3, shot a 66 or something like a true champion YESSSSSSSSSS. I only lost 3 or 4 balls though, so its definitely a great round in my opinion.

Was over at one of sabos friends houses (sabo's friend's houses? I dont know grammar) the other night and met some cool people. Met a pair of twin girls and their friend, and one of the twins introduces me to the friend as her "girlfriend", so im hypersensitive and thinking OH IM ON THE WEST COAST EVERYONE OUT HERE IS GAY NOW. I go the whole night thinking of smooth questions like "When did you girls come out of the closet" and witty statements like "man you ladies are pretty, the male gender lost a good pair here" but cant ever slip them into the conversation. Turns out that was fortunate because they are both very straight and I am apparently just an idiot?

Whats funny though is that their is a gay Eric in TFA out here, so when they met us they assumed Sabo was gay and of course sabo is like "this is my friend nick" so they think we are the gay couple. So Im thinking they are lesbians, they are thinking we are gay, and everyone is just confused. Chaos all around but we got it worked out like a week later and had a good laugh, and now sabo and I have good inside jokes about sending out the gay vibes. I had a great idea about saying "Oh wow you girls like boys and we like girls? we should all go out on a double date and celebrate" but they have like serious boyfriends and fiancees and stuff so FAIL

Found this picture on my computer from sometime out at UNC and couldnt stop laughing, we are all tools


WOW im really failing curfew now, I promise I will upate again before next monday

LOVE, NICHOLAS

2 comments:

  1. Grandma and I are laughing out loud this morning! What a great journal of all your experiences so far. So glad that you all got it straightened out and know now that everyone is not gay in SF! Loved the food pictures. Sure wish we could make it out to eat some of that yumminess with you! Love you Buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha your life is so random. I can't believe they thought you and Sabo were gay... that's hilarious. I'm glad you are going to take some pictures now since you finally realized iphones have cameras! love your updates and love you!

    ReplyDelete