Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm a hippie now

wowwwwwwwwwwwww sorry I haven't updated in a long time. Cards has been absolutely brutal this week and Sean and I also started doing P90x so I have just been getting owned every day mentally and physically.

I also found this music video, does it get any better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDbpzjbXUZI&feature=related

who knew that eddie murphy has the voice of an angel?



P90x is this crazy 90 day full body workout thing on DVDs that will turn me into 170 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal. Its between 1-2 hours everyday of all these exercises you do with free weights and resistance bands. Sean was Mr. Workout in highschool too and is getting back into it so he has me doing crazy things like drinking protein shakes afterward (hahahahahahahaaa WHAT) and doing yoga to stretch and cool down. Yes, i have been exercising every day and doing yoga. Just typing that makes me laugh, WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME. If i get some pictures on here of me trying to do yoga moves in all my lanky, unbalanced glory, im sure none of you would stop laughing for months. reverse warrior 2 downward dog frog pose anyone? WASSUP

BONUS FACT: Day 2 of p90x was plyometrics. The dictionary defines plyometrics as a type of exercise training designed to produce fast, powerful movements, and improve the functions of the nervous system. I define plyometrics as jumping and running in place and spazzing out for an hour straight. Right before the workout I ate this huge bowl of sugary cereal + whole milk, no biggie. About 35 minutes in things go south, i say to sean IM NOT FEELIN TOO GOOD BUDDY and he starts to laugh thinking I am just whining like normal. He stopped laughing when I ran and puked in the toilet. Yes, I puked on day 2 of p90x. I. AM. A. MACHINE.

Why am I a hippie you say? Well Sabo and I decided to join a CSA, which stands for community supported agriculture. Basically its a way for local farms to go straight to the customer. So we send these people a check every month, and they give us a box of fresh vegetables from the farm every week. They rotated the vegetables and give you whatever is in season, along with recipes to use them. This weeks box looks like this:



I think this week included starship squash, yellow onions, leeks, kale, eggplant, potatoes, parsley, beets, and tomatoes. Its a really good way to make us eat lots of vegetables that we would never normally get or eat, and support local farmers. I made my own tomato sauce for pasta last week, baked up a bunch of squash and zucchini and onions with olive oil to eat as sides, and we just finished making some potato leek soup for this week. BALLIN

hippe transformation happening? next time you see me I will probably just be doing crane pose yoga in a field with flowing dredlocks wearing an organic leaf loincloth and handing out fresh, pesticide free vegetables to anyone within range.

4 comments:

  1. haha welcome to being a "granola" :) I'm so proud of you for doing P90X... my favorite was the yoga. Are you even doing the parts at the end where you balance on your head/hands? Kyle was hilarious doing it... that boy is not so flexible. I love the idea of getting fresh veggies from farmers themselves... good for you guys! You are really going to come back a new man... IF you ever come back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing hysterically. Picturing you doing yoga in a loincloth while handing out vegetables is just too much... Please don't grow the dreadlocks though!

    So proud of you for eating so healthy (and cooking such gourmet meals!) and exercizing. I've heard about p90x and am scared to death to try it. Definitely in the shape I'm in now!

    Love you lots and can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh are my eyes deceiving me? Yoga and fresh vegetables the likes of which you have NEVER seen before? Where is my son? I'm great with everything but the dreadlocks and the loin cloth and can't wait to see some of those moves on that 6'4" frame of yours. Love you and can't wait to give you a hug in a week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Nick, this is all so unbelievable!!! I'm so glad you're experiencing new and different things out there!! see you soon

    ReplyDelete