Monday, September 7, 2009

where does the time go

I honestly feel like I updated this thing yesterday. I have a newfound respect for tara and leah who update regularly... who knew you guys were more productive/organized than I was? I MEAN REALLY, WHO WOULDA THOUGHT

This week was good, It was hot as a mother again so I sat inside and played lots of cards. Sabo is this masochistic fiend and loves to just go for like 10 mile walks when he gets back from work (not kidding, the shortest walk I have taken with him is probably like 5 miles) so we walk in the park behind our house pretty regularly. It looks like this and is huuuuuuuge:

I am trying to work my way into jogging, pretty sure if I jogged up just ONE of these hills I would be donezo so we will see how that works. A ton of people ride their bikes up here, and Sean is a big mountain biker and is trying to convince us all to get bikes... so expect new adventure stories and a couple broken collar bones shortly.

This is the view from the top of our neighborhood (one street up from our house). You can see the golden gate bridge in the top right, san fran in top middle, and the bay bridge and treasure island a little lower. The sunsets every night are beautiful:

Played some cards this weekend, DONT CALL IT A COMEBACK BABY

And last but not least, I am on the way to being a healthy eater. Look at this delicious dish. I made it with like two boxes of pasta which was enough to feed an army so I pretty much ate it all day every day for five days. You know you are a horrible cook when you think pasta salad is a difficult recipe. call me emeril



love your friend, nick

ps - happy birthday tara ;) youre awesome

pss - got into a bad sleeping schedule again so new curfews in place. In bed by 1, awake by 930. WISH ME LUCK

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the birthday wishes, Nick, as well as the sweet phone call today and the promised blog post! I loved seeing what you are up too. Miss and love ya Buddy!

    PS. You called about 1:00 pm our time today, which is what 10:00 your time? I think your new curphew is working:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you posted again. Love reading what you are keeping yourself busy with. I figured you've been getting into a bad sleeping routine considering you've been commenting on my blog posts at like 4 am your time! Sorry it's been so hot, but that's great that you've been walking 10 miles per day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How convenient...just make a pot of pasta salad and eat right from the pot whenever the urge hits! You scare me sometimes with comments like the "broken collarbone" one. PLEASE BE CAREFUL!! So glad the winnings are on the upswing. Miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete