Thursday, September 24, 2009

This post is not a joke

AHAHAHAAAAAAA so Sean, Derek ( a fellow poker player who just moved out to berkeley that I know from the internet) and I decided to go to the Oakland A's game last night. Derek is a cool kid so I am now like 20 for 20 on actually liking people that I meet in real life after knowing them on the internet from my video game and and now poker adventures. Yes, it was $2 dollar tickets and 1$ dollar hot dogs and it was just as amazing as I imagined. The stadium as a whole was excited as I was, and I heard tons of "Let's GO HOT DOGS" chants during the game which make no sense but thats OK with me. We all took it easy and only ate 3, but I think a "1 hot dog per inning" challenge is on the horizon. The Athletics lost a heartbreaker to the Rangers by a single run, sad day. Bay area sports teams record at games I have been to: 1-2.

The real fun starts after the game. I drove us down there in the trusty 4runner to give it some exercise and because I had missed driving. We had borrowed Sabo's GPS and Sean was manning that in the passenger seat. Below is a picture of the route we tried to take on the way home (blue) and the actual route we ended up taking (red). The A tag is the stadium, the B tag is our house. Click on the picture for a better view:



ARE YOU KIDDING ME. ahahaaaaaaaaaa I somehow realized something was up when we were on the BAY BRIDGE on our way to SAN FRANCISCO. The GPS directed us onto the bay bridge and then decided to recalculate. At this point it was impossible to turn around so we all just start cracking up and how we managed to mess up this bad. It was like 11:30 at this point but since Sean is day trading (decided TFA wasn't for him) and Derek and I are POKER PROFESSIONALS (aka none of us have real jobs), we decided to make an evening of it and go grab a drink and try to scheme some nachos in the city. Nacho Fail but we grabbed a beer at this SF brewery and hung out for a while which was fun. We made it back home semi-uneventfully and all in one piece so A+ adventure.

yesterday i did that p90x workout thing and today feels like all my muscles have exploded on the inside. none of you will probably recognize me when I come back home because i will be SO JACKED and constantly just curling 400 lbs and lifting cars and squatting houses. HOLLA

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the 4 Runner did its job, even if the navigators failed miserably! That sure was a ton of gas Bud, but we were happy for 2 reasons...Derek is a normal person and you made it home safely! Love you and glad you finally got to the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh I can't believe your drive, especially since it looked like you were so close to your house to start with!! Glad you had an adventure and that your online friends aren't weird serial killers. Good luck with P90, it's freaking hard but you will get stronger that's for sure! Just make sure you don't drink whole milk and eat cereal before hand... i heard that comes up later :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You forgot to mention that you puked up your breakfast after P90X...hahahaa

    ReplyDelete