Sunday, November 1, 2009

end of the weekend and friends leaving

So on saturday we tried to go hiking up in the marin headlands. But Berkely had a game so the richmond bridge was impossible to get to and the bay bridge was backed up for like 2 hours, so we were trapped in east bay and just hung out watching football and reading. I think Worth was relieved to be honest. He also schemed his way into us eating Mcdonalds (his favorite restaurant) for lunch, some things never change.

Sabo finally got back on Saturday afternoon (he had been back home in Ohio) and it was a beautiful day so Anna, Worth, Sabo and I took and walk and caught up. We ended up going out to dinner that night in Berkeley and meeting up with Anne, Sabo's lady, so worth and anna could grill her and make sure she was satisfactory (dont worry, she passed).

We dropped off Worth at the airport the next morning and succesfully made our way up to Stinson beach to hike around.



California Joy:



Then we explored the coast for a bit:



After hiking for a while we made our way to a snack shack by the beach and had a picnic just relaxing in the sun. Then we went out to the beach and just slept in the sand for like an hour listening to the surf, awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Next we drove back down the scenic highway 1 towards the city (i think i've talked about this in one of the earlier entries). The roads right on the ocean, ballin. I feel like this picture I took should be some advertisement for whatever that car is, maybe i'll sell it to them and get rich:


the barebones crew:



By then it was late afternoon so we rolled back to Oakland and showered and ate and got anna on her redeye back to NC. All my friends had to go back to the real world :(

Anna, Liz, and Worthless: Means a lot that you guys came out to visit, and youre obviously welcome back any time. It was great to see you all and thanks for coming out!



ps - ahahha this is by far the most hippie meal ive had so far. While ive been straight bloggin here ive just been snacking on some cous cous and edamame. hahahahaha the transformation is happening. dreadlocks within 7

3 comments:

  1. You are right, Nick! That picture with the car could be an advertisement!

    So glad that you had such a good time with your friends. Believe me, that if I wasn't 5 months pregnant (and looking like I'm 9), that I'd be out there in a heartbeat!

    PS. Your meal is cracking me up! Edamame is good but couscous, really?!? You are turning into a hippie!

    PSS. Natalie and Nathan talked about you tonight. They want you to come back to "my house." We all miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. geez I wish I could snap my fingers and be out laying on a beach listening to the waves and driving on hwy 1!

    your friends seemed to have such a fun time too, glad you could take them to see all the sights!

    oh and Nick I've tried couscous before... ewww disgusting!! I can't believe how 'granola' you are becoming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you already ARE rich....???

    ReplyDelete