Tuesday, November 24, 2009

oh hey hey heeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

well things have slowed down out here since a lot of people are going home for thanksgiving. I've just been relaxing and trying to put some hours in at the tables and hanging out with people who are still around

i listened to this song about a million times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=291hqSAmwmg

we also finally got a 5th roommate, Scott. Hes a real cool guy and is very similar to all of us so thats great. I just realized I havent even put pictures of Sean or Mithil up here, so I will make all 5 of us sit down and take some HOUSE PICTURES so I can show you all what the deal is

The T.V. I ordered from full tilt finally got here, so we have a nice new 52" plasma upstairs.



Please notice the wonderful mantle decorations, i got love for the family (Tara, dont worry, you and Jamie and the nats are in the middle of the coffee table since I ran out of room). The stuffed animals are like 100 points from full tilt so I get them and throw them around the house when I'm mad or running bad or something. The wonderful artwork is from one of Mithil's autistic students who LOVES to draw dinosaurs and spaceships with lasers attached to them, pretty cool idea if you ask me.

Friday I went into the city and hung out with some of Scotts friends over by the university of san francisco. We got to talking about what I do and a guy named Andrew ended up showing me articles like this, which is pretty cool.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.php?n=from-poker-table-to-the-wall-street-2009-11-20

Apparently some companies are just "blindly" hiring poker players, heavily discounting GPA and major, because we basically do exactly what they do. PRO TRADER BAKER, reporting in?

Saturday I went back into the city and ate at this really good Tapas restaurant with derek and his girlfriend. I managed to spend like $60 bucks but I never eat nice so it was worth it. Plus, I couldn't pronounce half the stuff I was eating so I'm definitely a classier person now.

I was supposed to go rock climbing yesterday with Derek but we ended up eating so much mexican food before we went that we felt sick and had to take it easy. worthless

Sabo, sean, and mithil have all flown out so its just scott and I for a while. I think we are going bowling tonight with the lake merritt posse (me and sean have been going on sunday nights and he taught me how to spin the ball, SUP), so hopefully I can show off and not bowl a 58 or something.

Dearest family, sorry that I am not coming back for thanksgiving to hang out with you! I love you all very much and will call a lot this week so it feels like I'm right there

LOVE, NICK

ps - oh yea, justin organized this trip to lake tahoe in march to watch all the basketball games and snowboard. I think like 14 poker players are going (I convinced HeHo to come too) so it should be really fun, plus we booked this sick house with an indoor pool and hot tub and theatre room etc etc etc. Pictures are small but you get the gist. IM PUMPED





4 comments:

  1. Nick, thanks for the personal shout out on the blog. Yes, Thanksgiving will not be the same without you and you will be missed! But we can't wait to see you when you do come home.

    And wow, that house is amazing! You will have a ball. Congrats on the new TV too! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mantle decor and never knew you had a little Grandpa in you with the stuffed animals!! That TV is awesome and I'm sure you can't imagine life without it now...and you got it with poker points? Wow, what perks! We will surely miss you so much on Thanksgiving and wish you were here ~ family's not complete without you! Who will eat all the watergate salad for me? Be safe and love you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mantel, especially the picture of me and gramps, and of course, the new TV. Hey, I'm free in march and i've never been to Lake Tahoe. I could chaperone and continue my aquatic physical therapy in the indoor pool. Tell your friends not to panic. Just kidding. Sure will miss you on Thursday. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update nick!! That tv is amazing and I think it's really funny that you buy stuffed animals just to throw them around haha. Kyle and I are drooling over that house in lake tahoe. Is telluride close? That's where we'll be! Can't believe you are such a pro bowler. Ky does all those spins but most of the time they end up in the gutter. We'll miss you for thanksgiving for sure. Call alot love you!!

    ReplyDelete